View Full Version : stargate universe?

ELD
September 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone else here seriously looking forward to stargate universe? :D

From reading up it starts next month :popcorn:

yuli_capone
September 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yes,me, me!!

Now I'm looking at Stargate Atlantis, season 2.

ELD
September 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I had a bit of a marathon of atlantis today watched about 5 episodes heh.

NormanFLinux
September 20th, 2009, 10:03 PM
It started with the original Stargate that ran for 10 seasons and then followed up for five with Stargate Atlantis. Now there's Stargate Universe.

Amanda Tapping is returning in October for the second season of "Sanctuary."

SciFi now renamed SyFy, has lots of goodies in stock for fans this fall.

kevin11951
September 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I just finished re-watching stargate sg-1 from season 1-10, and while I am looking foward to universe, I still feel stargate ended with sg-1... :(

pat23_2007
September 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I still feel stargate ended with sg-1... :(

+1, I agree. The franchise lost its feel after SG-1 to me.

ELD
September 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
For me Atlantis revived stargate, SG1 just lost its touch when jack became general.

Pasdar
September 20th, 2009, 10:46 PM
cant wait

Xbehave
September 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Concept sounds terrible, and they canceled Atlantis for it.

Im still watching my way through SG-1 (watch in bulk when i have time) and while i look forward to watching atlantis, the concept of SG1 (a series where the plot progression is done well) meeting sliders (a series where there can't be much in the way of plot progression) just doesn't do anything for me!

NormanFLinux
September 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Its like with Star Trek. Glut can be too much of a good thing!

CJ Master
September 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
For me Atlantis revived stargate, SG1 just lost its touch when jack became general.

Me also. I still hate how they canceled Atlantis, there was so much more potential from it. :(

Exodist
September 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
So pissed I work 2nd shift so I will be at work on Friday nights..
I sure hope it shows up on Hulu!

ELD
September 20th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Me also. I still hate how they canceled Atlantis, there was so much more potential from it. :(

I'm glad i'm not the only one.

At least atlantis will get a movie though :D.

As for no plot progression well SG1 half the time until the later series didn't really follow a proper plot progression so saying Atlantis is lacking is a bit strange it is done the same as SG1. Plots unfold more and more and to be honest Atlantis is just plain better to me.

I have high hopes Universe doesn't dissapoint.

kevin11951
September 21st, 2009, 12:54 AM
I really wish the writers hadn't secluded universe from the rest of the franchise... I do like the new look of the tech though, the wormhole looks more realistic too. :)

TBOL3
September 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM
I want to...but I don't have SciFi, or should I say SyFy (lol, why would I buy it to watch cooking shows).

Do any of you know if it will be on hulu?

CJ Master
September 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM
I really wish the writers hadn't secluded universe from the rest of the franchise... I do like the new look of the tech though, the wormhole looks more realistic too. :)

How do you know this? Is there a sneak peak out?

kevin11951
September 21st, 2009, 02:42 AM
How do you know this? Is there a sneak peak out?

There have been press releases and teaser trailers for quite a while.

http://www.gateworld.net/universe/ Gateworld has alot of info

and for those wondering about hulu: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/09/stargate-universe-will-be-on-hulu/

edit: also, about it being separate from the rest of the franchise -- "... What I can tell you about the third Stargate series, conceptually as we've conceived it, is that it is a completely separate, third entity. Much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1. It was born out of SG-1.

Xbehave
September 21st, 2009, 03:30 AM
As for no plot progression well SG1 half the time until the later series didn't really follow a proper plot progression so saying Atlantis is lacking is a bit strange it is done the same as SG1. Plots unfold more and more and to be honest Atlantis is just plain better to me.
I really liked that about SG1, the plot did move along occationally and a lot of monster/tech of the week episodes would then link in to change the main story. I haven't watched Atlantis my comment was meaning that i can't see how universe can have much plot progression given that it sounds a lot like sliders!

etnlIcarus
September 21st, 2009, 03:38 AM
I still feel stargate ended with sg-1... :(

+1, I agree. The franchise lost its feel after SG-1 to me.

Stargate ended when they moved on to the 200^10th big Goauld bad guy and all but dropped the pretence of making history their bitch. The last few series of SG-1 were atrocious, as was Atlantis.

I hold out at least some hope for SGU but from the preview I saw, it's looking like Seaquest-meets-Voyager, which isn't particularly encouraging.

WorfSOM
September 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'll be watching, although it doesn't have that SG vibe to me. I'm kinda worried it will lose it's fantastic sense of humour by going darker. There will be a suicide in the first few episodes!

Plus i'm bitter about SGA being cancelled.:(

scragar
September 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM

Well, you do know that you wouldn't actually see the wormhole itself, right?

Perfect Storm
September 21st, 2009, 12:41 PM
I hold out at least some hope for SGU but from the preview I saw, it's looking like Seaquest-meets-Voyager, which isn't particularly encouraging.

Exactly my thought. Voyager came into mind when I saw the preview, not that is a bad idea. (I like Voyager)
So I'm not fan of stargate, but SGU looks very interesting.

kevin11951
September 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Well, you do know that you wouldn't actually see the wormhole itself, right?

Yes, you are broken down into your individual elements, and then into energy, then reintegrated on the other side... That's why when the wormhole is killed while something is in transit, you are left hovering somewhere is space as simple elements.