PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Emerald?

chrispche
September 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Is there a basic theme package I can download that has some emerald themes in it? Rather than downloading individual ones?

WatTwo
September 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, theres many of them,

Try looking on "gnome-look.org"

That's where i have gotten mine

chrispche
September 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah I know about them. I just wondered if there was a package or something available with a collection of them.

benerivo
September 20th, 2009, 08:43 PM
If you have git-core installed, then pasting this commmand in to a terminal should create a folder full of emerald themes...
git clone git://anongit.opencompositing.org/fusion/decorators/emerald-themes

theZoid
September 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
If you have git-core installed, then pasting this commmand in to a terminal should create a folder full of emerald themes...

Sorry for this question, but what is 'git-core' ? thanks

benerivo
September 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
git-core is briefly described here (http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/git-core). Git is most often used as a way to manage and download the very latest version of a software package.

chrispche
September 21st, 2009, 10:00 PM

Thanks. One question is there a way to add the themes all together? Rather than adding them individually.

benerivo
September 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
There's not a straightforward way. The emerald themes are all just archives that have a .emerald extension. When adding one through the emerald theme manager it is extracted in to its own folder in /home/ben/.emerald/themes (i think). There will be a way to write a script to take many themes and extract them in to individual folders, but i don't know if such a script already exists.