PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] New GPU fan running loud before bios post

redonwhite
September 20th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I just installed a nvidia 275 gtx. When I boot my computer before the bios kicks in I can hear the gpu fan on full blast. Its only before the bios post. Once the bios post she calms down to a purr and its smooth sailing after that. But those short seconds before, it sounds really loud and kind of scares me. Any ideas if this is normal or something that needs to be fixxed? Thanks!

Temüjin
September 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
It's normal. Loud fans are annoying, but at least you only have to hear it for a few seconds. You should be more concerned if the fan doesn't work. :P

redonwhite
September 20th, 2009, 05:22 PM
It's normal. Loud fans are annoying, but at least you only have to hear it for a few seconds. You should be more concerned if the fan doesn't work. :P

=) thanks. Its just so loud I had to check. Don't want the fan life to shorten because of it. Thanks again for the reply.

cbope
September 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Most modern NVIDIA GPU cards spin the fan at 100% upon post, to check that the fan is working. Many of them also spin the fan at higher levels but below 100% until after the driver loads. After the driver loads then the fan goes to a normal idle speed which is usually silent.