PDA

View Full Version : FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules

Sporkman
September 20th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Official: FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules

* By DANIEL LOVERING, AP Business Writer - Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32PM EDT

The head of the FCC plans to propose new rules that would prohibit Internet service providers from interfering with the free flow of information and certain applications over their networks, an official at the agency said Saturday.

The Federal Communications Commission chairman, Julius Genachowski, will announce the proposed rules in a speech Monday at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank, the official said on condition of anonymity because news of the announcement had not been formally released.

The proposals would uphold a pledge Barack Obama made during the presidential campaign to support Internet neutrality — the equal treatment of Internet traffic. That would bar Internet service providers such as Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. or AT&T Inc., from slowing or blocking certain services or content flowing through their vast networks...

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/us_internet_rules

Exodist
September 20th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Sounds like good news.

magmon
September 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Sounds like good news.

Agreed.

coldReactive
September 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Sounds like good news.

Indeed

chris200x9
September 20th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Sounds like good news.

I concure

magmon
September 20th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I concure

Indubitably.

>.>

chris200x9
September 20th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Indubitably.

>.>

dude edit your post to quote the other guy as not to break tradition...I will do the same after you :P

magmon
September 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
dude edit your post to quote the other guy as not to break tradition...I will do the same after you :P

I refuse =P. My quotes are as they are on purpose. You are certainly welcome however to quote me at any time.

chris200x9
September 20th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I refuse =P. My quotes are as they are on purpose. You are certainly welcome however to quote me at any time.

great not only did you ruin this thread, you broke the internet. I hope you're happy.

:lolflag:

Sef
September 20th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Locked. Not going anywhere.