PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lirc-0.8.5 double button presses

jingo_man
September 19th, 2009, 11:13 PM
having rebuilt my pc many, many times in the past couple weeks trying to get a working build of xbmc & mythtv using the latest VDPAU capabilities, i have also had to reinstall the lirc and lcdproc app's too.

i had scripted these installs so that it would take a minute or so to put both back on. however, the rebuilds from the past couple of days seem to make every command from the remote be sent twice. this didnt happen even a few days ago!

now when i try to navigate xbmc or mythtv menus, the currently selected menu option moves up, down, left or right 2 places. unbelievably frustrating i'm sure you will agree.

the config file for mythtv has a "repeat=2" type row for every command, and it still ignores or supercedes that and actions 2 button clicks, when i only want 1! grrrrrr.... though biggest priority is xbmc, as i intend to watch mythtv through xbmc.

has anyone also seen this? can anyone help my predicament?

regards

jingo_man

stlsaint
September 22nd, 2009, 03:02 AM
not familiar with mythbuntu...may want to head over to their forum.

jingo_man
September 22nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
i have a proper ubuntu install, and have then put xbmc & mythtv onto it afterwards. as far as i am led to believe, mythbuntu is a distinct config specifically for that combo, so its likely i wont have a number of things that this might. probably have alot in common too, though...

as such, i presumed this would be a more appropriate location to post...

jingo_man