PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu Uninstall

Korrente
September 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I recently installed Kubuntu on my laptop on a separate partition from the pre-loaded Vista. Apparently KDE does not like my system, as it is very slow and prone to apps crashing, not to mention that most of the graphical effects do not work.
So I figured I would try a clean install of Ubuntu and see how GNOME handled.
I do not know how to go about doing this. Is there a way to write over K while installing U? Should I delete the partition in Vista and do it fresh? If yes, I do not have the Vista DVD, it was pre-loaded though I do have a recovery partition on the HDD. I'm trying to avoid the GRUB problems others have experienced, as I don't know if I can boot the recovery partition from startup, or if I need to get it on a CD.

Any guidance is appreciated, thanks!

running_rabbit07
September 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM
When you use the install disk to try out Ubuntu, you just stick it in and when you get to the partitioner phase you want to choose to select the partition manually and just set it to install on the Kubuntu partition.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Korrente
September 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM
You know, that would make a whole lot of sense. Never even crossed my mind. Thank you!

running_rabbit07
September 19th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have never done it but you can also install GNOME in synaptic package manager and uninstall KDE, but this process is a bit harder.