PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed how much I may be like a mac-user O.O

hoppipolla
September 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM
As summarized on my Twitter:

I'm an OS-fixated app-junkie who loves aesthetics and company "coolness". Oh my.

What do you think? How many of us fall into this category? :o

To be fair, I think the reasons I don't actually CHOOSE a Mac are down to things like my disliking of the company and the way they approach technology and business, and my disliking of OSX (and also lack of cash lol). But... I may not be entirely dis-similar to them!

Scary hehe ^_^

SomeGuyDude
September 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Average Apple fanboys are more about using their computer/iPhone/iPod/iWhatever as a status symbol than anything. I don't think many people switch to Linux mostly to be on the "cool team", but I'd bet $100 almost everyone with an iPod picked it over a Zune because of the coolness factor.

speedwell68
September 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Average Apple fanboys are more about using their computer/iPhone/iPod/iWhatever as a status symbol than anything. I don't think many people switch to Linux mostly to be on the "cool team", but I'd bet $100 almost everyone with an iPod picked it over a Zune because of the coolness factor.

I got my iPod because it was free as someone I know was going to bin a perfectly good piece of hardware because they were too stupid to work it. Personally, I used to like Apple, I used to use an old Mac SE every day at college, but since owning an iPod Shuffle I actually consider them worse than Microsoft. Although I have got my Shuffle working nicely in Songbird now.

MikeTheC
September 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Meh, this discussion serves no purpose.

I really wish the users of this board would act older and more mature, even if most of them are teenagers anyhow.

hoppipolla
September 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM

I really wish the users of this board would act older and more mature, even if most of them are teenagers anyhow.

I'm not sure if YOU serve any purpose ._.

ElSlunko
September 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I think apple makes incredible products! That said I don't buy their products simply because they're over priced. Someone might bring up a Honda vs BMW argument, but ever since the earlier iPods I found it silly to choose aesthetics over sound quality. Then again I'm the type to put their entire playlist on random and hit next next next till I find something I like.

SomeGuyDude
September 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM

And we all thank you for your meaningful input. I'm sure you're a thrilling person in real life.

speedwell68
September 19th, 2009, 04:59 PM

You have the audacity to come up with something like that with that line of "code" in your sig.

geekygirl
September 19th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure if YOU serve any purpose ._.

personal attack much?!

How about instead of trying to accuse Mac users as all being fanbois and more interested in aesthetics and appearances all the time go out and create a new thread that is slightly constructive perhaps?!

What is it with the INCESSANT dribble about Mac users and stereotyping in this forum anyway? Seems everyday there is yet another thread with the same sort of posts about how bad Mac users are and the only reason these people own Macs is some convoluted e-peen fashion statement.

PS: I own a Macbook Pro AND I use Linux....*gasp*

hoppipolla
September 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
personal attack much?!

How about instead of trying to accuse Mac users as all being fanbois and more interested in aesthetics and appearances all the time go out and create a new thread that is slightly constructive perhaps?!

What is it with the INCESSANT dribble about Mac users and stereotyping in this forum anyway? Seems everyday there is yet another thread with the same sort of posts about how bad Mac users are and the only reason these people own Macs is some convoluted e-peen fashion statement.

PS: I own a Macbook Pro AND I use Linux....*gasp*

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Thank you for giving me an excuse to finally use that lol

hoppipolla
September 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hehe ok that killed it lol :)

I really didn't mean to attack anyone, including really Apple except where I was just voicing my opinion. I really was just saying I realize I may have a bit in common with most of the mac-users I have met lol

And MikeTheC... I just always find you like to attack people and twist threads so you can make a jab at someone else or what they think :( Everytime I see one of your posts somewhere all I think is "Here we go again :( "

SuperSonic4
September 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Back to the topic in hand...

I see no problem in liking something for style reasons - and KDE 4.3 is stylish.

Problems only occur when you want convert others to your way of thinking

Elfy
September 19th, 2009, 06:16 PM
No real need for any of the personal attacks and with that I will close this.