PDA

View Full Version : regarding CD shipment

NiñoScript
February 8th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Hello People :mrgreen:
This is my first post in this forum, i wanted to ask something...

I just requested some CDs, and it said that my request was aproved.

But i have a question... I live in Chile (South America), and i was wondering... would i have to pay something to receive the CDs? maybe a tax or something like that?? :confused:

btw, i requested 5 CDs (1 PC, 1 64-bit PC, 3 Mac)

Please... tell me it's really free [-o< (i have no money :-()

Piggah
February 8th, 2006, 05:54 AM
100% free. No worries about tax or shipping. :)

NiñoScript
February 8th, 2006, 06:00 AM
wow, that's cool! :D

Piggah
February 8th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Yes it is. :D

A great way to spread ubuntu cheer though. :D

I remember when I ordered mine, I ended up downloading and installing rather than waiting, and used mine to create 5 new ubuntu users. It's a good feeling. :P

NiñoScript
February 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM
hahaha :lol:
maybe i'll do something like that, i don't know if i can wait for them :P

Piggah
February 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Yeah, it takes a while. I almost had forgot about mine, and then mine handed me the package one day. I was just like "Neat-o, forgot I ordered these." :p

NiñoScript
February 8th, 2006, 06:23 AM
how long did it take?

Piggah
February 8th, 2006, 06:40 AM
6 or so weeks I think. I didn't really keep track. :p

NiñoScript
February 8th, 2006, 06:43 AM
ohh, thats a lot... :P

anyway, it was fun talking with you, now i gotta go, its 2:41 am. , its way passed my bed time :lol:, i need some sleep

Piggah
February 8th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah, you'll find yourself downloading it before it gets to you. Trust me. :p

G'night.

Iandefor
February 8th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Your country's customs department might charge duty or tax on it. But aside from that, I don't think it'll cost anything.

mstlyevil
February 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I heard Canada might charge a duty for CD's shipped into their borders. As far as the US is concerned, I have not heard of a Duty being charged for CD's shipped here. (If my understanding is correct under US law anything under $400 requires no duty unless it is alcohol or tobacco.) You might want to call customs in your country and find out what the law is there.

wrtpeeps
February 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
mine took about 2 months. opened the door about to go to crete on hols, and there was the postman!

Stew2
February 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I live in Canada and didn't pay anything for my CD's, no duty, taxes etc. Got them in just over two weeks... awesome job Canonical! I had already burnt the install and live iso's a long time ago though so I will probably keep one copy of the pressed cd's and give the others away.

NiñoScript
March 6th, 2006, 08:49 PM
YAY!!!
they are here!!

omg... im soo exited, im goin' to try the "live CD" now :D

btw, it said *Please note requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.* but it only took 3 weeks ;P

Lord Illidan
March 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Mine came free in Malta, though they took some time to arrive. Some 2 months, I think. I had already downloaded them, so I just gave the cds out.

welsh_spud
March 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Do you think the Shipit guys would give you some CDs if you went to their headquaters physically? That would be the fastest ever delivery: two minutes!

polo_step
March 7th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I'm sort of unclear about this delay: If you ordered them now, would you eventually receive v6.04?

Or is the delay actually due to very slow handling of non-priority surface mail?

Bandit
March 7th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Do you think the Shipit guys would give you some CDs if you went to their headquaters physically? That would be the fastest ever delivery: two minutes!
I think the last two shipments I got came from South Africa..

polo_step
March 7th, 2006, 01:07 AM
I think the last two shipments I got came from South Africa..
Mine came from the Netherlands. Someone else claimed Switzerland.

I wonder what this is about...
:-k

fredkrueger
March 17th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Im still waitin'... Ilive in Argentina and I think I'll end up downloading it... its been over two months since they aproved mine :cry: . Well.... lets keep Ubuntu alive!!!:mrgreen:

NiñoScript
March 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
lol, im from chile and it were only 3 weeks :P

(a mi me quieren mas XD)