PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue with Grub Bootloader

piyush123
September 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hello All,

I need some regarding Ubuntu here. please guide me here.

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 (32 bit ) in my laptop with existing windows vista home premium. both the OS are in separate partition.

At end of the installation i got some error like "Grub Bootloader install fails. Fatal Error" and after that i am enable to boot my system and start any OS.

I am not getting what I have searched in the internet for installing Grub but nothing get worked out.

I am not getting what to do here. Please help and direct me here.

Thanks
Piyush.

arcull
September 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hi, did you try to insert installation cd and then selecting "Boot from hard disk" if this does load your system.

Bartender
September 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
If, as you say, the two OS'es are on separate partitions and that all seems to be correct, I'm thinking the first thing you want to do is at least get Windows working again. To do that, fix the MBR. There are about a million posts on this. If you don't have a genuine Windows installation disc (who does these days?) then Super Grub Disc might be one of the easiest ways to go.

Get Windows working first, then post again.

My guess is that your installation disc was burnt too quickly and it had a flaw. Only takes one tiny error.

Once you get Windows running, breathe a sigh of relief and decide how you want to proceed. You can try to fix GRUB, but don't do it with the disc you used before!