PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] strange windows behaviour

WDYSUN
September 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Dear Friends,

I have Ubuntu 9.04 on my system. I like minimal graphical setups, so my "visual effects" is set to "none". With this setting I have just one problem, when I minimise windows they go down with the appearence a series of black shrinking rectangle. Is this behaviour a regular thing? Can I fix it in some way?

Thanks for your help
Pierre

scrooge_74
September 20th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Could be a driver related issue with your video card

coldfusion1313
September 21st, 2009, 12:02 AM
when I minimise windows they go down with the appearence a series of black shrinking rectangle.

No that is normal, it happens to me when I have no desktop effects. On the other note, why do not you have desktop effects enable, they are really sweet and make your computer look cool. :)

drs305
September 21st, 2009, 12:16 AM
I think running this command will stop the effect you are mentioning. On my machine, what I see as a shrinking rectangle occurs very quickly - almost unnoticeable to me. Of course, it disables more than just this animation, but you can try it:

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/interface/enable_animations 'false'

You can reset it by changing the value back to 'true' or opening gconf-editor and going to the applicable setting:

gconf-editor /desktop/gnome/interface/enable_animations

If the above is too general, you could search in gconf-editor for "animations" and see if there is a more targeted setting.

Please mark the thread solved via the Thread Tools link near the upper right of the original post when you no longer need assistance.

WDYSUN
September 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
thanks a lot! worket brilliant!!!

Pierre