PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu for Tablet PCs?

kevin11951
September 19th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I just finished creating an iso using remastersys with a few tweaks (no coding just editing what was there), for my new tablet pc I got. It has an on screen keyboard (onboard) during login, and after login (after login it resides in the systray unless called apon). You can right-click by holding the primary mouse button down for a few seconds. The computer will not lock the screen unless you force it to (ie. not during suspend, etc...).

I am hoping to make this little personal project into a more mainstream (and possibly the first) linux distro for tablet PCs...

Anybody interested in something like this? If so could you help? I cant program at all, so I am already reaching limits...

HappinessNow
September 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I just finished creating an iso using remastersys with a few tweaks (no coding just editing what was there), for my new tablet pc I got. It has an on screen keyboard (onboard) during login, and after login (after login it resides in the systray unless called apon). You can right-click by holding the primary mouse button down for a few seconds. The computer will not lock the screen unless you force it to (ie. not during suspend, etc...).

I am hoping to make this little personal project into a more mainstream (and possibly the first) linux distro for tablet PCs...

Anybody interested in something like this? If so could you help? I cant program at all, so I am already reaching limits...

See this post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7973162&postcount=15

This user suggest using Crunchbang for Tablet PC's (it appears Crunchbang works for tablets by default at least for kevin11951), Crunchbang has a Ubuntu base so you might consider a Crunchbang for your distro base?

Crunchbang Tablet?