PDA

View Full Version : I need the secrets to window cleaning and detergent, for my small part time buusiness

Omnios
September 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Hi guys.

I am on a disability and this month started a part time small business doing commercial window cleaning for plaza's and industrial units. This is so I have enough money to live on, being on a disability in Canada is rough get about 12k a year but subsidized rent witch is $450 a month. Anyways can not live on this nor start my main business with this so started a part time window washing company to have enough money to live on and fund my main business venture.

Does anyone have any experience cleaning windows or idea's. So far I have a good squeegee and am going to invest in a good mucker. What I really need is to develop a good window washing detergent water mix. So far I am thinking of using a sparkle dish soap that is supposed to leave glasses shinning some vinegar that could cut though dirt and grease really quick and lastly a little rubbing alcohol so that any water streaks left from squeegeeing. I am trying to develop a formula that can cut through dirt and highway grease fast and not leave streaks. Also cost is a consideration, windex would be nice but to pricey for the nature of the process.

So anyone have any idea's and thanks.

73ckn797
September 19th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Hi guys.

I am on a disability and this month started a part time small business doing commercial window cleaning for plaza's and industrial units. This is so I have enough money to live on, being on a disability in Canada is rough get about 12k a year but subsidized rent witch is $450 a month. Anyways can not live on this nor start my main business with this so started a part time window washing company to have enough money to live on and fund my main business venture.

Does anyone have any experience cleaning windows or idea's. So far I have a good squeegee and am going to invest in a good mucker. What I really need is to develop a good window washing detergent water mix. So far I am thinking of using a sparkle dish soap that is supposed to leave glasses shinning some vinegar that could cut though dirt and grease really quick and lastly a little rubbing alcohol so that any water streaks left from squeegeeing. I am trying to develop a formula that can cut through dirt and highway grease fast and not leave streaks. Also cost is a consideration, windex would be nice but to pricey for the nature of the process.

So anyone have any idea's and thanks.

I am not in the window cleaning business but have found that straight water does a great job. This comes form cleaning the windows in my car. Anything else seems to leave streaks. Ammonia added to water does very good also. It does not have to be complicated to accomplish a simple task.

Garrovick
September 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Advanced squeegeeing is the best way to prevent streaks. A professional window cleaner depends on his ability to use one. Too much soap also increases streaks.

aaaantoine
September 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM
I found that this stuff works pretty well on windows. Mix 3 or 4 drops into 32 oz of water, and it's a great streak-free window cleaner.

http://www.marketamerica.com/naturallivingshop/product-2276/snap-allpurpose-natural-concentrate.htm

If you have any questions, PM me, and I'll pass it on to the customer manager.

Edit: Also, you can click the Contact Us link at the bottom. That would be more direct. :P

y6FgBn)~v
September 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Speaking strictly from household cleaning, I use water to remove the bulk of dirt then finish up with the mixture of water and vinegar for a clean streak free window. This has served me well for many years. Good luck in your endeavor.