View Full Version : [wubi] Lan and Wifi dont work ubuntu 9.04

September 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
When I bought my Asus 1008 Ha it came pre installed with windows and decided install wubi (ubuntu 9.04). Everything was perfect except the wireless network. The problem was easily solved by plugging the network cable and updating the OS.

However, I had to reinstall windows (and ubuntu in consequence) and the problems began. In windows xp, both wired and wifi work great.
In the ubuntu it recognizes that there is a Lan and Wifi system but I think ubuntu can not mount it, so I can not access the internet by wifi and cable in linux.

I`ve tried do reinstall wubi and still doesnt work both

Sorry for my poor English!

September 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I also have a similar problem. Internet does not work on my computer with 9.04
I installed Ubuntu 9.04 an XP desktop which is connected to my home network via ethernet. My ADSL router is Motorola Netopia and configured not to use PPoE. On my Ubuntu, I have tried DHCP, Manual and other reasonable options. My client computer running Ubunto can see all other nodes on my local. My router sees the ubuntu computer LAN but NO INTERNET CONNECTION. I was rather excited to finally start my transition from Windows to Linux but ... I need my Internet to work. I need some help here!!

September 19th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Yes, this is exactly what happens to me. He sees that there is a drive but there is no internet connection. When my friend put some commands there on the screen i could read that the system recognized everything and there was no sign of error or warning. the system is presented as if no error occurred.

what can be?