carlosgs91
September 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM

SomeGuyDude
September 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Like a "root" button?

I approve.

ElSlunko
September 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I agree that it's a pretty good idea. I sometimes have a hard time finding "home" links on some webpages and I look at hundred web pages a day for work so this would be useful for me too.

PurposeOfReason
September 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It's a neat idea, I don't think I'd use it but neat it is. Wouldn't be too hard to make FF plugin for that.

raja
September 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
With Vimperator, which is a great way to browse by the way, 'gu' takes you up one place towards the parent directory and 'gU' takes you all the way to the root.

coldReactive
September 18th, 2009, 09:12 PM
With Vimperator, which is a great way to browse by the way, 'gu' takes you up one place towards the parent directory and 'gU' takes you all the way to the root.

What if you're already in the root directory, just on another page. I vote for it as an option, but definitely not default.

Tibuda
September 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
You can use a bookmarklet. Add this link to your bookmarks:

javascript:window.location=window.location.protoco l+'//'+window.location.host;

lovinglinux
September 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
While I agree this is a good idea, it's not something that should be incorporated as default in the browser, but could be easily made as an extension for Firefox for example.

EDIT: In fact UrlbarExt (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8758) already do that. It adds a series of buttons to the address bar, including one that allows you to go up one level or to the site root.

Firestem4
September 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I believe Opera has this feature but I know that Konqueror does.