PDA

View Full Version : New Environmentally friendly Companies discussion, "wind powered web host"

Omnios
September 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hi Guys.

This is about environmentally friendly stuff. Just got an email from my webhost and pretty impressed as now they are now a environmentally friendly company that is 100% wind generator turbine powered. Going to make a button for this on my website as I now have an environmentally friendly web site. I think this is a good move for computer companies as most wind generators make there money back in 1 year and wind power is good overall. Be nice to see more companies following this example.

What environmentally friendly companies do you know of? What are people doing to save the environment in general? Do you have a wind generator?

Over the last month or so I have been researching screen printing and did a lot of reading on the process. There are many companies now that are using water based environmentally friendly ink compared to the older toxic ink and also companies still using the older inks but using filtration units to remove the toxics before the water is reintroduced to the water system. Some companies even reuse this water for other stuff like cleaning there tools to save the water system even more.

Do you have any idea's on what can be done to help save the environment in general?

I think there is so much more we can do to help save the environment overall and that we are not implementing stuff fast enough. This is a good start for wind powered environmentally friendly companies as it is a large webhost company doing this.

Is Ubuntu environmentally friendly? Lets find out. Lets challenge them to be so.