PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DVD (encrypted) plays video and music, no speech audio

AlphaLexman
September 17th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Kaffiene and Totem both will play a copyrighted DVD (I have libdvdcss installed). I can watch the video feed, hear the soundtrack, but cannot hear the spoken audio portion/layer of the DVD.

I can listen to mp3's, ogg's even wma's.

However, I can see and hear everything (DVD) in Dragon Player!

Is this a bug or a software issue with Kaffiene and Totem?

Norman IV
January 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I have been having the same problem. Sometimes manually selecting English works, but sometimes it does not. I did not always have this problem but I cannot figure out what is wrong either...

Ferrat
January 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Have you tried mplayer or VLC? I find those best for DVD playback totem really only likes a few types of media

telapo
March 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Kaffiene and Totem both will play a copyrighted DVD (I have libdvdcss installed). I can watch the video feed, hear the soundtrack, but cannot hear the spoken audio portion/layer of the DVD.

I can listen to mp3's, ogg's even wma's.

However, I can see and hear everything (DVD) in Dragon Player!

Is this a bug or a software issue with Kaffiene and Totem?

I had the same problem, that happened because of the 5 or 6 audio exits a dvd needs, I use only one of those. You can try to use Pulse Audio Device Chooser, Volume Control, and then select Configuration "Digital stereo duplex". So you can use only an audio exit for soundtrack, speech etc
Bye

somethinginteresting
April 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM
please delete