PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No sound on my HP mini 1010nr

garnold
September 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Brand new to Ubuntu here. I really like this OS and I glad I finally made the move :) On the down side I'm out of my wheel house right now when it comes to trouble shooting issues. Currently I can not get sound to work and really could use some help. Let me get straight to facts....

Running 9.04
HP Mini 1010nr
Using the OSS sound drivers (I read the Ubuntu help and it told me to use these)
If I open ossxmix while I play a test should from the System->Pref->Sound screen the vmix0 led's light up so I must have done something right

From what I can guess it's just a configuration thing but I'm lost and could really use some help. My goal is to have sound for the standard things, OS alerts, music, skype, youtube and stuff like that.

Thank you

nixer
September 23rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
Hi! Did you get that sound working, I have the same netbook model and I'm thinking to install jaunty.

garnold
September 23rd, 2009, 04:48 AM
Hi! Did you get that sound working, I have the same netbook model and I'm thinking to install jaunty.

I could not get it to work but I'm so new at this that I do not want it to reflect poorly on Ubuntu. What I did was install the image from HP an that worked perfectly. Everything on the netbook is working with that image. I'm very pleased with this netbook an the HP image. I'd highly recommend this to you if your like me an new to ubuntu and can't trouble shoot the system that well yet. I can tell you that this success has moved me one more step away from Windows. The HP image runs very quick an does everything I need. If you have any questions about this image please ask away, I'm running it an would be happy to help.