PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netbook remix - desktop icons dissappeared

pikkiem
September 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Hi,

I have just installed Netbook remix on a Hp Mini 2133 on a seperate partition. The other partition runs Win XP. Since i rebooted a few times, there were no problems, but with the last boot the desktop (i switched to the standard desktop earlier) had no icons nor any taskbar. Nothing. I can right click but there is just a few options to create a new folder or file. There is no terminal, but i can get to the commandline by pressing ctrl, alt +f2. How do i fix this please? I am not so clued up with ubuntu. Still a newbie. Help would be greatly appreciated.

accol
September 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM
hey im kind of new too and some of my unr problems were fixed once i updated. go into the terminal and type

sudo apt-get update

sorry, that's the best i can do

pikkiem
September 19th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Thank you. But it did not help. I have re-installed netbook remix, that solved the problem. I have changed the desktop again to standard desktop and it did it again. From a command line how do i change this back to the netbook desktop without losing anything?:(

peterthewolf
November 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
I have installed full 9.10 on hp2133 and it works with no problems. I am afraid that I have lost patience with the remix and various other ubuntu clones which take ubuntu and cripple it.