PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm addicted.

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I've joined this forum quite recently and i've become very addicted to it over the last few days. I'm spending inordinate amounts of time here. :( Can anyone help me out of this addiction? Or will this wear off soon?

MasterNetra
September 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I've joined this forum quite recently and i've become very addicted to it over the last few days. I'm spending inordinate amounts of time here. :( Can anyone help me out of this addiction? Or will this wear off soon?

Its worse then drugs. Sorry :p

Bucky Ball
September 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
How far do you want to delve? You must obviously be becoming addicted to Ubuntu ... or is it something need to talk about >>> ? :-k'

Its worse then drugs. Sorry :razz:

Ha, but it's better than drugs cos doesn't cost anything ... but yes, is addictive ... all depending on ya mindset

lukjad007
September 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
It will wear off later. Much, much later. :twisted:

ticopelp
September 17th, 2009, 04:35 PM
It'll pass. Probably.

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Its worse then drugs. Sorry :p

That was quick! You replied before i could refresh the browser.

I guess the only option is to surrender to it. :(

Btw, is this the place to rant? Y'know, post random stuff, like the place some forums call 'The Lounge'?

Bucky Ball
September 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
ps: look at me, 2000+ posts later, totally addicted and loving Ubuntu ... not sure if it's gonna wear off in a hurry! Enjoy the ride and the learning curve and don't forget to post about anything you might be havin' a problem with ... x

MasterNetra
September 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Btw, is this the place to rant? Y'know, post random stuff, like the place some forums call 'The Lounge'?

Pretty much, except politics and relgion

Bucky Ball
September 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Yep

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
How far do you want to delve? You must obviously be becoming addicted to Ubuntu ... or is it something need to talk about >>> ? :-k'

Ha, but it's better than drugs cos doesn't cost anything ... but yes, is addictive ... all depending on ya mindset

Yep. Except my gaming rig, the rest of the house is running on *buntu.

You forget to add something:

*CRASH!!!* MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Udayakiran
ps: look at me, 2000+ posts later, totally addicted and loving Ubuntu ... not sure if it's gonna wear off in a hurry! Enjoy the ride and the learning curve and don't forget to post about anything you might be havin' a problem with ... x

Sure, this is what i love about this place.

steveneddy
Yeah - I think you'll get over it around 3000 post or so.

Not long.

You could go outside, you know.

But don't go outside with your laptop to go to an internet cafe or free wifi hot spot. lol

Moderation - everything's better with moderation.

larky
September 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
:lolflag: Once bitten forever smitten.

hoppipolla
September 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'm the same! I think it's because the topics are varied and there are just SO many people!

It is probably one of the most addictive forums I have ever been on lol

bodyharvester
September 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
its a kind, friendly, open-minded, intelligent and resourceful community. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? <3

MasterNetra
September 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
its a kind, friendly, open-minded, intelligent and resourceful community. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? <3

Window Zealots. :p They hate truth and facts that don't glorify Microsoft's OSes

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm the same! I think it's because the topics are varied and there are just SO many people!

It is probably one of the most addictive forums I have ever been on lol

*Whew*
I thought i'm the only one.

bodyharvester
September 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM
*Whew*
I thought i'm the only one.

yeah, but were the only ones who'd admit it :p

dzon65
September 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
That's what Manny said........addicted "clones" might pop up from nowhere.

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah - I think you'll get over it around 3000 post or so.

Not long.

You could go outside, you know.

But don't go outside with your laptop to go to an internet cafe or free wifi hot spot. lol

Moderation - everything's better with moderation.

I DO go outside, but as soon as i'm back, its ubuntu forums for me again. This is a very serious case of addiction.

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
yeah, but were the only ones who'd admit it :p

Quite proudly too.

That's what Manny said........addicted "clones" might pop up from nowhere.

:biggrin:

~sHyLoCk~
September 17th, 2009, 05:24 PM

I'm sorry what..? You think drugs are bad coz it costs money... ?? :o

dragos240
September 17th, 2009, 05:27 PM

So am I! It's no biggie. It's fun here! Just look at happy now, he's here all the time. (He's the guy with the Japanese username.)

Jackelope
September 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
You can't sign out anytime you like but you can never leave.

geogur
September 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
bout time you got here we were waiting

stuart.reinke
September 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
When you find yourself squinting at a tiny cellphone screen reading UF then you know that you're addicted. *raises hand*

dragos240
September 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM

Welcome to the hotel ubuntuforums?

Udayakiran
September 19th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Welcome to the hotel ubuntuforums?

:lolflag:

chessnerd
September 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Uh, when I first found it I used it only for help. Then I found the Community Cafe... There goes an hour a day that I will never get back. Unless you disconnect your Internet or block the site from your computer you can't stop yourself.

There's no cure. There's no patch, medicinal or security related, to curb the addiction. The forums will consume you...

Enjoy! :D

Udayakiran
September 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Uh, when I first found it I used it only for help. Then I found the Community Cafe... There goes an hour a day that I will never get back. Unless you disconnect your Internet or block the site from your computer you can't stop yourself.

There's no cure. There's no patch, medicinal or security related, to curb the addiction. The forums will consume you...

Enjoy! :D

Managed to bring down the time spent to a few hours a day. I guess my social life in the real world will be saved after all.

:)

Irihapeti
September 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I guess I must be the equivalent of a binge drinker. I find my forum habit goes in fits and starts. I'll spend a period of days, maybe weeks, of intense activity, and then I'll get sidetracked by something else and go days between logins.

Maybe the LiveCD should come with a warning...

Swagman
September 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Your'll know your truly addicted when you create awesome posts like....

THIS (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=998632) <----- Click !!

stinger30au
September 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM

get an rss feeder like liferea and that will help keep you off he site....

but not for long ;-)

Exodist
September 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM

You have been assimilated! Resistance is Futile!

I had over 7k post on both the old SuSE forums before the closed and went to the new OpenSucky one they have now. Prepare for no life and stock up on caffeine!

pwnst*r
September 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
try going outside.

Jim!
September 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM

It seems you're one of the incurable ones. :(