View Full Version : [ubuntu] flash-player issue

September 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
hi, to keep it short i will write in points:
1- flash works on the original firefox.
2- replace the firefox by a latest firefox "not" through ubuntu update. but i have done it properly as stated in the ubuntu.help website i still have the backup of original firefox.
3. in new firefox flash not working so i uninstall and reinstall flash via synaptic.
4. still flash don't work so i installed 64bit flash( my machine is 64 bit) and put the .so file in the plugin folder of firefox and flash work fine but 64 bit flash is buggy

so i want to know how to link flash player with my firefox /chrome browser

September 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Actually 64 bit flash works better than the 32bit with ndiswrapper etc. Try un-installing every other version of flash and keeping only the 64bit.

September 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
64 bit is working but with some sites it is giving problem so i want the 32bit with the wrapper so how to do it

September 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM
It depends on how you installed the newer firefox. It would have been better to just upgrade firefox through Synaptic. If the version you want isn't available you can use a ppa that has the version you want.

https://launchpad.net/~fta/+archive/ppa (https://launchpad.net/%7Efta/+archive/ppa)

September 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM
You might try downloading and installing flasplayer yourself (from adobe's website).

The flashplugin-installer ubuntu package puts the flash library in /usr/somwehere (i.e. system wide) but the firefox you installed probably isn't set up to look there for extensions.

The flashplugin from adobe will put the library in your user directory (~/.mozilla/somewhere I believe) which I suspect is more likely to work with your non-packaged firefox.

September 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
For the flashplayer you download from Adobe's homepage, just extract it and put libflashplayer.so into
~/.mozilla/plugins You may need to create the plugins dir if it doesn't exist.