PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson Stylus C88+ shared printer not working in Ubuntu 9.04

vajohn1308
September 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I had a hard drive crash. Had to get a new one, so i figured what the heck. I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my notebook. It all works fine except that i cannot get the shared printer on windows XP desktop to work with Ubuntu.

In Ubuntu when i go to admin/printers/ then properties and attempt to print a test page I get the following error message in the same box as "print a test page/print a self test page/etc"

idle-
NT_STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES opening remote spool Test Page.

I did shut down everything totally..(machine and the router/cable modem and printer as well) Waited a half hour and then restarted everything. Same error on attempting to print a test page.

I shut it all down and then i checked printer in XP and it prints fine.. as well as print from another XP computer( notebook ) that's connected either wired or wirelessly.

I then deleted the printer from ubuntu. shut down the notebook. waited about 5 minutes then restarted the notebook and set up the printer again. Same problem.

I did install samba and that really didn't do anything to help fix the problem.

I am pretty new to linux so please remember NOOB here.
I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I am totally stumped.