PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] When can I say my Installation is finished

josephe
September 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Hi All
Just wondering since I now have a nice working Ubuntu 9.04 machine, only 1 issue I'm still stuck with (ok 2 if I count the paperweight printer) I get prompted for a Keyring password when I start Evolution.

But I have, Mail, browser, skype, open office, music player (even iphone via VirtualBox), Apache for a little Joomla site I'm building, Object docker (looks a bit like MacOs) all on a wireless network, Seahorse (not sure where this came from but there it is and seems to work)

So is there anything else one needs to do to say ok now I'm finished and I can use this platform for a while?

O by the way Where do I get more themes (like Windows comes with a whole lot built in) Ubuntu has 1 by default which I'm not too mad about.

Thanks

Joseph

running_rabbit07
September 17th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I can help you with the themes. search google for gnome-looks or ubuntu themes and you will have many of choices. I use Hybrid-Theory and love it.

For printer help. Do a google for Ubuntu printer brand and model, such as "Ubuntu Canon iP1600."

As for Evolution, I don't know. I use Thunderbird (http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/2.0.0.19/releasenotes/), which is in the repositories.

josephe
September 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Ronnie

Thanks for that will be sure to try a new theme