PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with VGA Card Driver and Display Settings

exblopz
September 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Hi, my name is Doni. I've just installed Ubuntu Jaunty on my laptop. For notice my laptop is AMD Turion X2 with 1GB Memory.
The problem is, I'm fun to play Counter Strike using wine, but the game for stopping in the middle of the road. There may be problems with ATI drivers may not have been updated. I've updated ubuntuX through Ubuntu Tweak, by selecting a Third Party Package. There are also automatically installed fglrx package, then problems arise here. Display settings in the applet appears only 2 choices, namely Normal and Upside Down.
And when I login, the screen broke and I just move the mouse cursor as far 800x600px, wallpaper cut the time when the monitor display is 1024x768. Then I tried to make the size 800x600 in gnome display manager, then I cancel, suddenly becomes a normal display.
Can anyone help me why happen like this?
Please note my Video Card iis ATI Radeon 3200 256MB (shared).:(

zvacet
September 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I have same card and all I did was to install driver in system>admin>hardvare drivers.To tell truth I'm not gamer maybe somebody else will be more helpful.

HarrisonNapper
September 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I don't have my computer on me, so I can't give you the exact steps, but try running wine with an emulated desktop environment and see how that works.

exblopz
September 18th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I have same card and all I did was to install driver in system>admin>hardvare drivers.To tell truth I'm not gamer maybe somebody else will be more helpful.

yes, of course I've installed it after installing ubuntu Jaunty. I have this problem after updating the ATI driver that is by selecting the package in ubuntuX Tweak. :)

exblopz
September 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I don't have my computer on me, so I can't give you the exact steps, but try running wine with an emulated desktop environment and see how that works.

Wich one is called emulated desktop enviroment?

zvacet
September 21st, 2009, 12:43 AM
Im interested in this one,because I tried with Wine and application shows in maybe half of size of screen if I put resolution to 1024x768.It is good if resolution is 800x600 but that is not enough.What should I do to correct this.Driver version is 8.60.40.