PDA

View Full Version : Error message wanted

Student1
September 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Thats right I'm actually looking how to find an error promt that reads "I'm sorry dave, I can't let you do that".

Its for extra credit for a project of mine. can anyone tell me how to get this error prompt message.

Sealbhach
September 17th, 2009, 02:16 AM
http://imgur.com/DjW4j.png

dragos240
September 17th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Maybe by running an application that needs root access on an unprivalegeded user?

tjwoosta
September 17th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Im pretty sure this falls under homework which would make it against the rules to ask for help here but you can just google how to make a fake error prompt and you will find tons of links that will teach you. There are even youtube videos on the subject.

t0p
September 17th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Im pretty sure this falls under homework which would make it against the rules to ask for help here but you can just google how to make a fake error prompt and you will find tons of links that will teach you. There are even youtube videos on the subject.

And if you use a program like espeak you'll be able to make your computer actually say the immortal words. Just like the real Hal.

Dunno how to make it sing "Daisy" though. :p

jeromey
September 17th, 2009, 02:43 AM
for linux ?

gnome

gdialog --msgbox "I'm sorry dave, I can't let you do that" --title "Error"

kde

kdialog --msgbox "I'm sorry dave, I can't let you do that" --title "Error"

Student1
September 17th, 2009, 04:45 AM
k Wow, I was told Linux Ubuntu had a strong community but damn. I didn't think I would get a resopose that fast.

I should have specified GNOME, but the
gdialog --msgbox "I'm sorry dave, I can't let you do that" --title "Error"

code worked like a charm.

ty all