PDA

View Full Version : [other] M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and MusE

OzLodger
September 17th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to Ubuntu and Linux audio in general. I'm trying to set up a home studio on my pc which has a 2.8Mhz processor and 1Gb RAM. My sound card is an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and I'm running Jaunty 9.04. I've done a lot of searching through the posts here but unfortunately I just can't get any sound happening in MusE.

I haven't worried about setting up MIDI yet but, apart from that, I've downloaded the latest versions of Jack, MusE, ALSA and all my Ubuntu updates are current. I think the problem is in hooking up Jack correctly. I'm only getting an occasional xrun so I don't think the configuration settings are the main issue. I just can't seem to make the right connections with it to link the sound card with MusE. And after you get through the connections there's another array of possibilities with the Jack Patch Bay. I know the card works with Sound Recorder but I'm just getting so frustrated I can't get it to work with MusE.

Has anyone else successfully set up MusE with the 2496 card? If so, I'd really be grateful to know what connection/patch settings you used. Any recommendations for a good MIDI setup would be excellent as well.