PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NO sound from PC connected to Samsung LE40A436

bigjoe7
September 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Im not sure where to post this but feel free moderators to move it on.

My basic problem is I cannot get any sound of a collection of PCs connected up to my Samsung LE40A436T1DXXU (LE40A436) TV.

PC1) >> running Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop. Onboard sound card tested using Sennheiser PC 166 headphones working.

PC2) >> running windows7 desktop. Onboard sound card tested using Sennheiser PC 166 headphones working.

PC3) >> running Vista. Onboard sound card tested using Sennheiser PC 166 headphones working.

If i plumb any 3 of this PCs into my TV via DVI / HDMI dongle into 1 of 3 HDMI ports at the back of the Samsung I get picture. No problem.

None of the PCs produce any sound from the Samsung though.. Im fully aware there will be no sound passed over the DVI /HDMI connection.
When I connect phono leads or headphones lead from one of the PCs into the TV i still get no sound. Im at a loss why this is happening.

I have a 4th laptop and when i connect the HDMI directly into the TV I get sound and vision. Unfortunately I do not want this device hooked up to the TV.

Is this a TV issue? IS there anything i need to check.

One other thing, the TV gets its TV signal via coax feed. There are no other connections etc...

My main aim is to get a ubuntu PC rigged upto my TC as a HTPC. Hence the post here in this forums.

bigjoe7
September 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
got it working using the following procedure (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto)