PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] why firefox3.5 can't open ?

tonjaa
September 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
ubuntu 9.04
i have problem with firefox3.5 it's have problem is at web page can't show some picture same time
i use firefox v.3.5 shiretoko for 2 month it's ok. but now it's have problem i don't know why .
i try to remove it and i reinstall again by command apt-get install firefox-3.5 i saw directory in
/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.2 has file this

root@tonjaa-desktop:/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.2# ls
abrowser-3.5 browserconfig.properties defaults extensions firefox-3.5-restart-required.update-notifier modules searchplugins
application.ini chrome dictionaries ffox-31-beta-profile-migration-dialog firefox.sh plugins
blocklist.xml components distribution firefox-3.5 icons run-mozilla.sh

but i can't use it when to press at icon of firefox3.5 at mouse cursor has active but after that not have
anything no page of firefox to show. now i can use firefox v.3.0.14
what is wrong ? how i can fix this problem?
who know the way please guide to me.

cranecreek
September 17th, 2009, 02:01 AM
ubuntu 9.04
i have problem with firefox3.5 it's have problem is at web page can't show some picture same time
i use firefox v.3.5 shiretoko for 2 month it's ok. but now it's have problem i don't know why .
i try to remove it and i reinstall again by command apt-get install firefox-3.5 i saw directory in
/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.2 has file this

root@tonjaa-desktop:/usr/lib/firefox-3.5.2# ls
abrowser-3.5 browserconfig.properties defaults extensions firefox-3.5-restart-required.update-notifier modules searchplugins
application.ini chrome dictionaries ffox-31-beta-profile-migration-dialog firefox.sh plugins
blocklist.xml components distribution firefox-3.5 icons run-mozilla.sh

but i can't use it when to press at icon of firefox3.5 at mouse cursor has active but after that not have
anything no page of firefox to show. now i can use firefox v.3.0.14
what is wrong ? how i can fix this problem?
who know the way please guide to me.

This is more of a response than an answer. It seems that most of the issues posted here are related to 9.04, If ff 3.0 works why not stick with it and keep it updated instead of upgrading? Did you do the upgrade through synaptics or apt-get or did you dl from the ff site?
I've found that upgrading and even updating sometimes breaks things, get your box the way it works then stick with it.

Best of Luck to you

tonjaa
September 17th, 2009, 03:50 AM
thank you for guide .