PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Best way to re-install XP next to Jaunty?

OxentroT
September 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hello,
I am on an 'IBM thinkcentre' and I have fully installed 'Ubuntu 9.04' and regretedly rid my machine of 'Win XP'. As a Dj and Producer I need to be able to run some studio programs as well as 'Deckadance' which do not run too smoothly on Ubuntu.
Basically all I need to know what would be the easiest way to re-install 'Win XP'?

Thank You All in advance!

lukeiamyourfather
September 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
If you have a spare hard disk then you could install Windows on that. I usually disconnect other disks in the system when I install an operating system and then setup the boot loaders after the fact. If you're using GRUB its pretty easy to add Windows from a second hard disk. Other option would be to resize your current Linux install to make room for Windows on the same disk which would be my second choice. If a hard disk is used for each operating systems then you can remove one completely and not interfere with the others. Cheers!

OxentroT
September 17th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Thankyou for that. I do have an extra external HDD(500gb)by Toshiba laying around. Maybe I could somehow retrofit that into my machine. DUR!