PDA

View Full Version : Who here couldn't get to HAR?

t0p
September 16th, 2009, 12:02 PM
When HAR2009 was first announced, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get away that weekend. By the time I knew for sure that I could go, tickets were sold out.

I was seriously miffed. And I know I'm not alone. The organizers were really surprised that the tickets went so quickly. They'd been planning to sell some at the gate, but as it turned out that wasn't possible. A complete sell-out: wonderful for the organizers, and it bodes well for future hacker camps; but an awful disappointment for folk like me who can't plan far in advance.

Anyway. If anyone's interested, there are now videos of some of the presentations online for download (http://images1.noterik.com/har/). I've watched a couple, and they're pretty good. I'm downloading the Wikileaks presentation as I type this.

Who here got to go to HAR2009? Was it good? Share your impressions of the hacker camp!

openfly
September 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I went.

It was a blast. I came with the Hackers on a Plane group. I got to see a few friends I hadn't seen in years. Also just meeting allowed a few of us to kick off a major project which is hurtling along nicely at the moment.

The weather was great. The food was in no way sub par. The camp ground was pretty. And the people were awesome. It was my first camp, so I decided to be a spectator... next camp I think I'll really throw myself at it. Big fan of the milliways crew.

Also don't drink anything the Italians give you.