PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 and OOo 3.1.1

th1bill
September 16th, 2009, 07:52 AM
If I download the new OOo for Ubuntu at the OOo website and it is in a .deb format will the dependencies be satisfied? I'm not much interested in upgrading my Hardy Heron until the new LTS is released in 11/04. I do wish to use the new OpenOffice on my primary machine though.

Mercury_Alpha
September 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Official deb packages will check for dependencies and download them if necessary. Since you're justing updating OOo, it probably won't need any additional packages that you don't have already.

Cariboo1938
November 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
If I download the new OOo for Ubuntu at the OOo website and it is in a .deb format will the dependencies be satisfied? I'm not much interested in upgrading my Hardy Heron until the new LTS is released in 11/04. I do wish to use the new OpenOffice on my primary machine though.

Hi th1bill,
I have the same intention...keep 8.04 running but upgrade OOo.
I wonder if you ever installed the new Open Office?

Georgia boy
November 9th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I too am using 8.04 and waiting for the next LTS to come out and then do a clean install with it and totally get rid of the Windows on my p.c. I'm also thinking now about getting the update for OO.3.1.1. Is it a pain to do? Will I have to remove the original or will the new override the older version that came with 8.04? Just curious as to how much trouble it would be.

Tom