PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to boot from cd

fiorenze
September 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
In my case,after BIOS,the grub loading stage 1.5 appears without giving the option from the live cd

i have ubuntu as my single OS in my laptop,and now i want to make a dual os with xp.

i have set cdrom as the primary device for boot in my BIOS,but it doesnt have any effect,the grub loader stage 1.5 keeps appearing after BIOS.

what should i do?

th1bill
September 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
In my case,after BIOS,the grub loading stage 1.5 appears without giving the option from the live cd

i have ubuntu as my single OS in my laptop,and now i want to make a dual os with xp.

i have set cdrom as the primary device for boot in my BIOS,but it doesnt have any effect,the grub loader stage 1.5 keeps appearing after BIOS.

what should i do?

I would like to try answerig your question but without the brand of the computer and the Motherboard make and model I find it impossible to begin.

fiorenze
September 16th, 2009, 07:52 AM
sorry,the brand of my laptop is axioo and the motherboard is SiS

lisati
September 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM

:confused: Grub doesn't normally give an option to boot from the Live CD, it will point to what's installed on your hard drive.

Edit: re-reads original post. Could be a bad burn.

fiorenze
September 16th, 2009, 07:58 AM
i have tried 3 CDs

ubuntu 9.04 from ShipIt
my 4x burn speed Linux Mint with md5sum checked
and a windows xp cd

and those three failed to boot

fiorenze
September 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
SOLVED

after configuring my BIOS,i can boot from cd again succesfully