PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Updates Manger shows update but gives Error on Download

mithun.kamath
September 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I am having a problem in updating the OS. When i start Updates manager it shows 120mb updates available , but when starts downloading it says something is broken. what am i Doing wrong.

zvacet
September 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Does it say broken packages?If it does then go to the applications>accessories>terminal and type

sudo apt-get -f install

mithun.kamath
September 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yes it says Broken packages. I ll try the solution that you have given tonight and let you know

mithun.kamath
September 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hi zvacet,

I tried solution that you have given. But still not working as expected. I have attached the screen grab of the issue that i am facing along with the Error.txt, the actual error that i am facing. Please help me.

Regards,
Mithun

wojox
September 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hey Mithun,

Try going into System > Admin > Software Sources and changing your Download from location to Main Server. I had this problem last week when I had to update ten packages it would only give me eight. So I switched back to the main server and all went well.

mithun.kamath
September 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hey wojox,

That did the work ......!Started downloading. Now 20updates remaining. Thanks a lot:)

regards,
Mithun