PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] KDE Apps weirdness

mrwoody
September 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Hi *.
My question is very vague.. but unfortunately I am not able to understand why I have this problem:
Anytime I use a kde 4 application (such as kile 4.1 or digikam), all the menus are very weird. E.g. What is highlighted sometimes remain highlighted and so on... basically any such application is unusable.
I am using gnome, but sometimes I need to use kde applications, so any hint is highly appreciated.

THANKS!

Fri13
September 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
So you run Gnome desktop environment but you use KDE applications? Nothing wrong or problematic should be on that.
I believe the problem is that you are using Ubuntu. Kubuntu is know to be not the "best" KDE distribution.

mrwoody
September 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your reply.

So you run Gnome desktop environment but you use KDE applications? Nothing wrong or problematic should be on that.

Sure... I never thought it was wrong.

I believe the problem is that you are using Ubuntu. Kubuntu is know to be not the "best" KDE distribution.

I am not quite sure I understand this. You think that I should change distribution? Probably not the best advice in this forum! :-)

Anyway, it is kind of weird because I do not have any problems when I run Kde applications on the KDE desktop. On the other hand, I have the same annoying problem on any user when I run Kde applications on the Gnome desktop. What is strange is that I don't have the same problem in the computer in my office.

I know that my problem is very vague, but any hint on what I can check would be appreciated. Thanks!

krazyd
September 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
can you post a screenshot of this weirdness?