PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changes in Jaunty interface

geoffkaniuk
September 15th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I have recently upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid and then to Jaunty. I have noticed the following changes in the GUI since Intrepid:

1. When I hover over a selected radio button or checkbox, the selection is temporarily cleared and returns when I move the mouse away. If I click on an 'off' radio button, the 'on' state does not show until I move the cursor away.

Is there a way of suppressing this behaviour? I think that the only time a selection like this should be cleared is when you click on the widget, not before. And when you do click it the changed state should show immediately.

2. Prior to Intrepid the small arrow on combo boxes was a solid black triangle and it has been replaced by an open V. Sometimes, on other widgets, the arrow points left or right and then it really does look like a greater than (>) or less than (<) sign.

3. I used to be able to deactivate the screen saver and get back to desktop by a short wiggle of the mouse. Now I have to press a key or click one of the mouse buttons. This does not feel as safe.

Are these things something I can configure?

These may be pure Gnome questions, but I find no mention of these when searching.

The upgrade to Jaunty has so far gone very smoothly by the way!