PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with common keyboard symbols

EarnestLearner
September 15th, 2009, 09:53 PM
When I try to type @, I get " (shift + 2).
When I try to type ?, I get (shift + fwd slash).

I have also found that when I hit shift + 6, I get a question mark instead of a hat. Has anyone encountered this issue before? I am using a Logitech G15 keyboard.

Thanks!

durand
September 15th, 2009, 10:07 PM
From what you're saying, it looks like you have some weird european cross keyboard because some of your keys are the same as mine (EN-GB) while others aren't. Maybe your keyboard wasn't detected properly when installing. Go to System > Preferences > Keyboard and check the layout. You can add a layout and select the right one from there.

EarnestLearner
September 16th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks! You solved my problem. The issue can be resolved by setting the proper country and variant under the layout tab. Be sure to remove anything else and set yours as default.

FIXED.

durand
September 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
No problem. Out of curiosity, what was the keyboard layout that it was using?

EarnestLearner
September 17th, 2009, 04:16 AM
No problem. Out of curiosity, what was the keyboard layout that it was using?

Layout: <blank>

Changed to:

Layout: Canada English

durand
September 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Weird. Maybe it was Canadian French. Does that layout even exist? Anyway, enjoy your keyboard :)

EarnestLearner
September 19th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Weird. Maybe it was Canadian French. Does that layout even exist? Anyway, enjoy your keyboard :)

Indeed, it does exist. However, I don't believe it was set to Canadian French. Thank you! My @ and ? symbols are working just fine! ^__^