PDA

View Full Version : Haha! Microsoft attitudes!

September 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM
:lolflag:
Click here for the article. (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/GettingReadyforWindows7/thread/dfaeea94-57c9-42be-9ee8-c73498bb29a5)

This is a problem I was having with my triple boot iMac when I upgraded my Windows partition to 7. This guy's reply is sooooo anti open-source.

Driver compatibility is the responsability of the device manufacturer.

:lol:

Garrovick
September 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
"Windows - We Hates It"

posted Gollum

My opinion is that it is the responsibly of the hardware manufacturer to create the drivers. Not the creator of the OS, which ever one that might be.

With Linux,we can be grateful we have generous code creators to get our systems up and running.

pricetech
September 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I agree; You make the device, you write the driver. I didn't see anything unusual or out of line in the reply myself.

running_rabbit07
September 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Click here for the article. (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/GettingReadyforWindows7/thread/dfaeea94-57c9-42be-9ee8-c73498bb29a5)

This is a problem I was having with my triple boot iMac when I upgraded my Windows partition to 7. This guy's reply is sooooo anti open-source.

I added a reply to it. See if they delete it.

I agree; You make the device, you write the driver. I didn't see anything unusual or out of line in the reply myself.

Ubuntu makes drivers accessible, why not Microsoft?

Garrovick
September 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I added a reply to it. See if they delete it.

Ubuntu makes drivers accessible, why not Microsoft?

Because MS sends their OS code to the manufacture so they can spend their own money to support their products.

With Ubnutu/Linux we use a lot of divers written by non-paid volunteers who, thankfully, spend their own time and efforts so our machines run.

starcannon
September 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM

I just about blue rootbeer out my nose!
HAHAHAHA!
Nice for the other side to get a little taste no?(okay, sure thats a bit sadistic, but after 10 years of hearing that line, I just had to laugh and gloat a bit)

fanglinyong
September 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
luckly, we had linux!
thanks all people !

Sef
September 17th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Moved to community cafe.

CharmyBee
September 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM

Driver compatibility is the responsability of the device manufacturer.
What's so funny about that? It is true and isn't really laughing material, unless you're obsessed with out-of-the-box OS drivers for minimal functionality like the next coming of etc.

RiceMonster
September 17th, 2009, 01:04 AM
That's funny, whenever someone complains about drivers not working on Linux here, people use that exact argument.

"Hardware X doesn't work, Linux sucks"
"That's not the fault of Linux, company x doesn't support it"

t0p
September 17th, 2009, 01:50 AM
This isn't a new one for Microsoft. It was very difficult to find much hardware that worked with 64-bit XP as the manufacturers didn't think it would be a big seller and weren't prepared to invest the necessary funds or effort. And it's right, drivers should be the responsibility of the manufacturers. It would be great if they released open source drivers for Linux instead of binary blobs or, more often, nothing at all. We're just lucky that Linux hackers are prepared to make our systems work with so much hardware. There is absolutely no possibility of Microsoft doing likewise.

pwnst*r
September 17th, 2009, 04:28 AM
That's funny, whenever someone complains about drivers not working on Linux here, people use that exact argument.

"Hardware X doesn't work, Linux sucks"
"That's not the fault of Linux, company x doesn't support it"

yep, not sure what you people waving lol flags are all about. you should probably go for a walk though.

Tristam Green
September 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I must be missing the joke.

bodyharvester
September 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
i dont get it

Udayakiran
September 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
This isn't a new one for Microsoft. It was very difficult to find much hardware that worked with 64-bit XP as the manufacturers didn't think it would be a big seller and weren't prepared to invest the necessary funds or effort. And it's right, drivers should be the responsibility of the manufacturers. It would be great if they released open source drivers for Linux instead of binary blobs or, more often, nothing at all. We're just lucky that Linux hackers are prepared to make our systems work with so much hardware. There is absolutely no possibility of Microsoft doing likewise.

Yea. I second that. Poor Microsoft is doing all it can to make Windows better, but the hardware manufacturers are just not cooperating. GO MICROSOFT!!!

-Windows Fan. :twisted:

tcoffeep
September 17th, 2009, 05:06 PM
i dont get it

^