PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] sudo apt-get install cheese>command not found

pirate paul
September 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hi, I reinstalled Ubuntu but cannot get cheese to work.

I type in the command > sudo apt-get install cheese into the terminal box but it says command not found, What am I doing wrong ?

It worked last time. I think I may have downloaded some other program last time, any idea what it might be.

Thanks.

juancarlospaco
September 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Click here (apt:/cheese)

:)

wojox
September 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
There's always the easy way of opening Synaptic Package manager and searching for cheese and installing that way.

Did you try:

sudo apt-get update

First ?

sunchiqua
September 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Click here (apt:/cheese)

:)

1 slash missing.

pirate paul
September 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I clicked on the link yesterday and it worked, then I uninstalled, then reinstalled clicked the link again ...it said cheese can not be found..... any bright ideas.

Thanx.

3rdalbum
September 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I clicked on the link yesterday and it worked, then I uninstalled, then reinstalled clicked the link again ...it said cheese can not be found..... any bright ideas.

Why did you remove and then reinstall?

Try clicking the Reload button in Synaptic Package Manager.

In fact, you're running a graphical desktop - why not do your package management in Synaptic?

sahabcse
September 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Select all repositoires is synaptic>>setting>>repositories and try to reload then select the package for install.

Click below for more info

Graphical installation (http://ubuntulinux.co.in/package-instalation-synaptic.php)
Command line installation (http://ubuntulinux.co.in/package-installation-over-command-propmpt.php)

pirate paul
September 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know why but its working.... Thanx....

The reason why I keep having to reinstall is because I cannot install Ubuntu and micr.... at the same time, I am not overly good with computers.

This laptop running from my houseboat on voda pay as you go, needs to be toped up with cred.... I cannot figure out how to top up on Ubuntu, so I have to reinstall the other program to top up, any bright ideas.....

Thanx.