PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing battery/wireless icons

coderdb
September 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I've had a look around the forums, and found a few promising leads, but nothing that helps what I'm looking for.

Looking through the Human icon package in usr/share/icons, I found a nice set for showing wireless strength. Similarly for the battery meter. Is it possible to replace the default icons on the NetworkManager applet with those in that package, or any other? I'd also like to do this on my netbook running UNR; I'm guessing the procedure would be pretty much identical.

Thanks in advance.

dumblebee100
September 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I've had a look around the forums, and found a few promising leads, but nothing that helps what I'm looking for.

Looking through the Human icon package in usr/share/icons, I found a nice set for showing wireless strength. Similarly for the battery meter. Is it possible to replace the default icons on the NetworkManager applet with those in that package, or any other? I'd also like to do this on my netbook running UNR; I'm guessing the procedure would be pretty much identical.

Thanks in advance.

I did the same but with no success ..I could change all my panel icons in the notification applet but not network manager applet ..

coderdb
September 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I can cope with the wireless one staying "standard" maybe, but how did you change the battery one? I can't find where it keeps that default one, because it's not the one in the Human pack, even though it's the one I'm currently using.

dumblebee100
September 15th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I can cope with the wireless one staying "standard" maybe, but how did you change the battery one? I can't find where it keeps that default one, because it's not the one in the Human pack, even though it's the one I'm currently using.

please post a screenshot of ur gnome panel showing ur network manager

hey I found a location where the network manager and battery images reside
goto location
/usr/share/icons/Human/scalable/status

if you want to decrease the size of the network manager applet then see my other post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1267060