PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Does anybody know how to have Docky see the documents in externals?

Ozey
September 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM
And/or other drives and windows? I have Ubuntu and XP on the same computer and I can access and edit the files that are in XP from Ubuntu, but when I search in Docky it doesn't come up with any of those files. Is there any way to have Docky see them and bring them up or is it just something that program isn't yet capable of doing?

dumblebee100
September 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
And/or other drives and windows? I have Ubuntu and XP on the same computer and I can access and edit the files that are in XP from Ubuntu, but when I search in Docky it doesn't come up with any of those files. Is there any way to have Docky see them and bring them up or is it just something that program isn't yet capable of doing?

as far as I know you need to edit preferences of tracker

anything which is gnomey they depend on tracker database for metadata ...unless you specifically mention any other like beagle

so you add other partitions to scan in tracker preferences ...

warning ...it takes hell of time ..because you are going to index all your hard drive ..so be cautious

and dont ask why is your system is all high on cpu at idle and why ur space on ur home parition is decreasing day by day