PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help me find a good game for Ubuntu 9.04!

TheStroj
September 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm not new to Ubuntu but i never really wanted to play a cool game inside of any Linux distribution, till now. I have already installed Frozen Bubbles and Extreme tux racer but i want to play some better games. I like FPSs so I'd like to hear your opinions about them. I want to play both SP and MP.
If you recommend MP game, I'd like to play one with lots of players playing it so I won't get bored too soon. If the game has both SP and MP it's even better.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and i think my computer supports almost every game.
I have:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2,66 GHz
- Gigabyte 9800 GT 1GB
- 4GB 800 MHz RAM
- Asus P5Q PRO

I think that's enough ^^.

Arquis
September 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
For multiplayer FPS I find URBAN TERROR absolutely the best (simple to set, simple to play - great fun if you don't mind the cheaters). There's also WORMUX, a great 2D game.

And let's not forget WINE. Lots and lots of Windows games run on Wine.

Arquis
September 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention QUAKE LIVE. It's free and OS agnostic. Not great, but fun.

Cheers.

TheStroj
September 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
wow, thanks for the answers! I'll try some of them. I'll try Wine too!

Bachstelze
September 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
OpenArena if you want free. Unreal Tournament 2004 or Quake 4 otherwise.

oldos2er
September 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
World of Goo is fun; not an FPS though. Sauerbraten, Alien Arena, and Nexuiz are good too.

Waappu
September 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hi

What I have played are

America's Army
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AmericasArmy

Enemy Territory
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=5246

TheStroj
September 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM
World of Goo is fun; not an FPS though. Sauerbraten, Alien Arena, and Nexuiz are good too.
i have already played world of goo on windows, didn't really like it ^^, but i'll try Alien Arena i think, I saw some screenshots and i liked it.