PDA

View Full Version : Ahh... the smell of a fresh new install...

xmastree
February 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I just installed Breezy (on a spare disk, just in case...) and so far it's going well.
First thing I did was manually enter my monitor rates to get decent resolution.
The next thing I'm gonna do is...

That thing beginning with au...... which usually stirrs up a whole hornet's nest of controversy whenever it's mentinoned...

<deep breath> Here goes...

raublekick
February 7th, 2006, 05:39 AM
hehe... good luck. i can't wait to fresh install Dapper. I might go with FC4 first though.

briancurtin
February 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM
hehe... good luck. i can't wait to fresh install Dapper. I might go with FC4 first though.
im looking forward to trying out FC5, which should be out mid-March i think

definitely looking forward to dapper though

Derek Djons
February 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Dapper Drake is shredding my list. I can't wait till it goes final. For fun and knowledge I'm messing around with SuSE 10.x beta and the Fedora beta is also next.

xmastree
February 7th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Well, the current state of play is. The script was doing its thing, but after two hours downloading and installing it still wasn't finished and I had work to do so I cancelled it and put my old disks back in again.
Of course, that's all about my net connection, nothing else. I'm wondering though, if I run it again, will it just skip by what's already done? I know apt-get does if the current installed version of foo is already on the system.

I'll find out later Iguess.

mips
February 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Theres also easyubuntu.

When I use one of these utils I usually only install one thing at a time. It does not tie up my net connection indefinately and I can always disconnect when that one item is done. When one is done I carry on to the next one.