PDA

View Full Version : Decorate laptop/desktop

lobonegro.rlopez
September 13th, 2009, 06:23 PM
What kind of decorations or stickers do you guys put on your laptops or dektops? I have this thing about black duct tape, so I put some strips around the lid of my Dell laptop. It seems fitting running ubuntu, somehow.

How about you guys?

Jesus_Valdez
September 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I have 1 Surf-rock and 2 luchadores stickers on my laptop.

It looks really awsome, but that's just my opinion.

bodyharvester
September 13th, 2009, 06:28 PM
when i recieved my Ubuntu 9.04 live cd from Canonical's shipit service i got some stickers with it, just the standard Ubuntu logo with the name next to itt, so i put it above the keyboard on the battery thing that can be pulled out (dell mini 9 netbook)

i was considering taking off the little "Designed for Windows XP" sticker at the bottom corner which comes on most

RabbitWho
September 13th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I took the vista sticker off it so it's just a lone intel pentium one now.. I also have a sticker over the super key, just a white circle.

I'm of two minds whether or not to cover the keyboard in stickers, i really want to, but i like the way the laptop looks, real minimal.. no lights or anything.. if they had gone the hp route with all the blue lights and the volume control etc. i'd put stickers on it.. but this looks so funky and plain.
(Inspiron 1545)

Barrucadu
September 13th, 2009, 06:37 PM
A slightly faded and torn "Powered by archlinux" sticker.

lobonegro.rlopez
September 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I took both stickers off my Inspiron keyboard.

Vostrocity
September 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM
My laptop came with a nice C2D sticker and a Vista sticker. I put on one of those ShipIt stickers like someone else, but now i regret it since it's too big.

I agree with RabbitWho. I want to put a ton of bumper stickers on the lid, but then it ruins the minimalism. I have an aluminum lid, so I really want to laser-etch something, but I don't have access to the proper tools.

Tamalin
September 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Well, I just stuck one of those apple stickers that you get with your iPod on the front. Nothing else though...

ChrT
September 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I put the "GNU/Linux inside" sticker on my netbook, but I don't really bother with my desktop and laptop PCs, since it's not like any other people actually look at them.

Странник
September 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
My laptop has a 15,6 inches display.Where I live currently there are no skins for this size :(

beercz
September 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
.... I have this thing about black duct tape ....I would keep quiet about that if I were you ;-)

I have a "Ubuntu linux for human beings" sticker and a sticker of tux on the lid of my laptop.

aaaantoine
September 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
The last time I applied duct tape to a desktop PC, it was strictly for functional reasons.

I covered up all but two holes (one intake, one exhaust), and applied the filter to the intake to minimize dust in the system. It looked pretty bad because it was a beige box.