PDA

View Full Version : Is there good Artificial Intelligence, to do work for us (tasks/commands)?

frenchn00b
September 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Would be great to program few commands/text/ and ask them with lirc / keyboard / or pocketsphinx by voice to your running box?

Like ... "what's the weather today?"
"what's the time?"

--
I remember you guys that in 1-3 years mobiles get voice recognition and windows too.
And what does Linux, like always, you dont listen or care, and we'll be again late.
Linux is never innovative, or when it is, it is copied very quickly.

ChrT
September 13th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I remember you guys that in 1-3 years mobiles get voice recognition and windows too. .

[citation needed]

So can you see the future or are you just pulling stuff out of thin air? You're just making baseless assumptions, and drawing ridiculous conclusions from them to top it off.

Voice recognition for mobile devices will never take off simply because people don't like to look like they're talking to themselves. Remember those tiny bluetooth microphones you could pin on your shirt's collar? They were the "next big thing", but they never caught on for the exact same reason, to the point that people prefer to wear those obnoxious headsets with large blinking blue lights in public.

EDIT:

Oh my god, it would appear I've been proven wrong. MS Vista has already shipped with voice recognition.

This is clearly the future of computing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc

(insert sarcastic smiley icon here)

frenchn00b
September 13th, 2009, 07:19 AM
[citation needed]

So can you see the future or are you just pulling stuff out of thin air? You're just making baseless assumptions, and drawing ridiculous conclusions from them to top it off.

Voice recognition for mobile devices will never take off simply because people don't like to look like they're talking to themselves. Remember those tiny bluetooth microphones you could pin on your shirt's collar? They were the "next big thing", but they never caught on for the exact same reason, to the point that people prefer to wear those obnoxious headsets with large blinking blue lights in public.

EDIT:

Oh my god, it would appear I've been proven wrong. MS Vista has already shipped with voice recognition.

This is clearly the future of computing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc

(insert sarcastic smiley icon here)

If you use Dragon naturally speaking, the last, it works flawlessly!

the idea of what you can do :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcfZcWCOFrU&feature=related

Exodist
September 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I remember you guys that in 1-3 years mobiles get voice recognition and windows too.
And what does Linux, like always, you dont listen or care, and we'll be again late.
Linux is never innovative, or when it is, it is copied very quickly.

I think you are very mistaken.

How long have you been using Linux? hmm?

You sound like a n00b trying to instigate an action based on your on miss-perceptions.

You will soon realize there are very very few actual linux programmers here in these forums. If you truly want an apt copied over your talking to the wrong group of people. I for one will not help you. If you want it though your gonna have to talk to some real devs such as the gnome team. O'h and BTW you should be advised to work on your social skills if you want them to even acknowledge your existence.

Sorry if this sounds overly bunt, but I speak in honesty.

Exodist