PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] modify gnome-panel separator?

pelle.k
September 13th, 2009, 02:48 AM
How would one go about to change the look of the default gnome-panel separator items/applets? The default separators go from the absolute top of the panel, to the absolute bottom, where i would like to add a bit of padding (a few pixels) to the top/bottom of the separators.
Even better, if i could do the actual graphics myself from a bitmap (png/jpg or what have you).
Is there a way to do this using themeing (gtkrc), or does anyone know any other way to achieve this?

Lucre
November 14th, 2009, 06:19 PM
It's not a great solution, but what I've done is to make a custom launcher, and assign the image I want to use for my separator to it. If you use "gnome-panel" for the command, then nothing meaningful happens if you accidentally click your "separator". What I found to be the most convenient way to do it was to create the launcher on the desktop, then drag it to the places I wanted it on the panel.

pelle.k
November 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been doing something like that actually. I guess one has to actually modify the source code for that particular applet (or maybe the gnome-panel source) for that to happen. Bummer!