PDA

View Full Version : Major Flooding Possibilities

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area iof the state of Texas, our Chief Meterolgist Larry Mowry (the one I pay attention to) said it will rain here till Monday and we could get 7 to 9 inches rain out of this. Central Parts of the state (Austin, San Antonio are bone dry--they havent seen rain in literally 3 months.

Has this ever happened where you live--where it seems to rain forever?

overdrank
September 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
In my time, the area I have lived all my life we have received 24 inches of rain in a 24 hr period. Not going to mention the hurricanes :)

pwnst*r
September 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area iof the state of Texas, our Chief Meterolgist Larry Mowry (the one I pay attention to) said it will rain here till Monday and we could get 7 to 9 inches rain out of this. Central Parts of the state (Austin, San Antonio are bone dry--they havent seen rain in literally 3 months.

and TX seems worse than the other 7 states i've lived in because when it DOES rain or storm, it's big. kind of falls into the everything's bigger in TX saying.

and the flash floods that would happen in San Antonio were something to behold.

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Holy Smokes. It feels like the tropics here indeed.

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah there was a period of time earlier this yr that Austin's Lake Travis was the lowest in 50 years..it was sad.

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
At least it is cooler over there.

nubimax
September 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I lived in Oregon for thirty five years the town of Valsetz averaged 144 inches a year now I live in sunny Mexico trying to dry out.
M

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM
There is a dry patch off to my east but still raining here.

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
There is a dry patch off to my east but still raining here.

What dry patch?

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Well, it looked like it on weather plus earlier. :) The baseball game (Texas Vs Seattle will probably be rained out again ..that is at 6:30)

kevin11951
September 12th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Well, here in austin, it hasn't stopped raining since Wednesday... :( or at least thats how it feels!

sports fan Matt
September 12th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Ill be down there next week..cant wait to get back...but i hope it stops raining.

MikeTheC
September 13th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Remember Hurricane Charley?

I live unnervingly close to where it came ashore.

To this day, if you are familiar with the area it went through, you can still tell the bits which haven't recovered (or were basically abandoned).

sports fan Matt
September 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM
As of midday the flood warnings are all counties around here (as well they should) and the warnings have been extended till Sunday or Monday. Kileen, Texas..75 mi north of Austin in Central Tx has had 13 " so far but around here (DFW) anywhere from 4 to 8 inches since yesterday.

23meg
September 13th, 2009, 05:35 AM

34 people died in floods in İstanbul four days ago.

Whiffle
September 13th, 2009, 05:39 AM
San Antonio/Austin need it bad, 3 weeks ago they were just about to stage 3 water restrictions. Sucks that its coming in all at once though. SA seems to handle it reasonably well though.

blackened
September 13th, 2009, 05:41 AM
...Texas Vs Seattle will probably be rained out again ...

Funny/ironic that Seattle had to come to Texas to get rained out.

I lived in Texas (Waco, Denton, Dallas) for 6 months and some change in 2007. The weather was much milder and more stable there than in Oklahoma.

34 people died in floods in İstanbul four days ago.

That's horrible. My heart goes out to them.

sports fan Matt
September 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I have tickets to the Ranger game today at 2:05. Got word that they arent even saying anything about game 1 (need a doubleheader for friday's rainout)and I put the chabce of me going to the game at 5%. Flood warnings up all over the DFW Metro..