PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] More City of Heroes issues.

xstackerx
September 10th, 2009, 11:17 PM
K i got coh installed in ubuntu jaunty 64amd. But when i try to launch it, i click the next button then it goes to switch to the aggreement page and freezes. Then i try to click the agree to play button or whatever. and it acts like its going to launch and it will bring up the loading window and then freeze. and this time it just stays like that till i restart my computer. But i can however play in safe mode. But it still has its issues as well. Can someone please tell me if there are certain apps or software that would help me run this better and resolve these issues? Please let me know. Thanks

xstackerx
September 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Well thank you so much everyone for replying and helping me out. You are very nice.

basotl
October 31st, 2009, 07:38 AM
I believe your question may be lacking support as you posted it under Installation & Upgrades you may have done better posting it under Wine (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=313) as it's a Wine issue.

That being said I have run CoH in the past under 32bit Ubuntu using Wine. It works but there are a few issues. See the Wine App Database for information on it.

Personally I suggest using Cedega to play CoH with Linux. It is produced by the same company that made the Mac "port". It costs money but it currently provides the best user experience for CoH on Linux. In addition Transgaming provides help and support. I currently use Cedega to play CoH under 64bit Ubuntu 9.10.