PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change your background picture?

FCS tech
September 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
i change my background at least once a month. I try to limit myself to this. I vary between ubuntu theme backgrounds, my pics, pics from internet and internet wallpaper.

I can never leave well enought alone and must fiddle. just like Fargo in Eureka (TV show) I never met a button I didn't want to push. :oops: which is also why I switched to Linux. more thinks to fiddle with and it was a button i hadden't push yet.

Screwdriver0815
September 10th, 2009, 10:48 PM
every half of an hour. Ah, no KDE does it for me, in the desktop slideshow

silvestros
September 10th, 2009, 10:52 PM
every day \\:D/

#11u-max
September 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM
whenever i get tempted topost on the sep. 2009 screenshot threads, i make a whole new theme that nobody cares about ](*,):-k:frown:

joey-elijah
September 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I change it every week or so... sometimes more. It kinda changes with my mood i guess...

I wonder how often is too often though :p

pwnst*r
September 11th, 2009, 12:07 AM
once a month, but then often i change themes along with it.

xuCGC002
September 11th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Automatically every time I start a new session.

yabbadabbadont
September 11th, 2009, 12:11 AM
A couple of years ago, I had written some bash scripts to scrape all the 1024x768 wallpapers from skins.be and sexydesktop.co.uk (before sexydesktop.co.uk became a link only site). I had over 60,000 wallpapers. I wrote some custom scripts to rotate my wallpaper randomly every five minutes. (the existing wallpaper rotating progs at that time couldn't handle the size of my collection)

Now days I generally only change it whenever I decide to re-theme everything. (so every couple of days :lol:)

dragos240
September 11th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I barely ever change it. One desktop is good enough for me.

codemyster
September 11th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Oh god, I couldn't begin to count.

I have about ~2000 wallpapers. I have a bash script to rotate them, but I rarely use it. I don't think I could keep a background for more than two days.

solitaire
September 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I'm lucky if i change a my desktop every 3 months or more.... lol!

I usually wait to find something very interesting (or it has a cute female in it!) lol!!

Currently it's a image from "Heroes" (No NOT the cheerleader :P) But Daphne's farewell, sitting on the French Sign...

RabbitWho
September 11th, 2009, 12:23 AM
every 2 or 3 months.

I used to change it 4 or 5 times a day when I was about 13. Now I just find something I like and stick with it.
I like it to be in line with the seasons though. It's still summer now because the sun is still shining outside. Snow when it snows.. daffodils in the spring.. that kind of thing :)

Garrovick
September 11th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Never use background pictures. Change the color scheme to "blue" from "brown" and use a gray/blue background color.

I keep way too much stuff on my desktop and pictures just get in the way.

gn2
September 11th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Very rarely, on average less than two changes a year.

RiceMonster
September 11th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Whenever I feel like it.

PurposeOfReason
September 11th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Whenever I feel like it.
Same. I had the same one for a few months two days ago decided I needed something brighter. I almost never change my terminal colors and don't have a gtk theme so it's pretty static. Conky comes and goes at the same pace as wallpapers. My new setup will keep me happy for around 3 or more months (after installing freebsd that is).

On that note, does anyone know if you can check the ports tree for certain packages in amd64? I can't install freebsd 8.x until I know the nvidia-driver is ready.

infestor
September 11th, 2009, 12:55 AM
once ın ½ year

cariboo
September 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Every 15 minutes.

ctrlmd
September 11th, 2009, 01:16 AM
when i get bored from it
sometimes one day sometimes two weeks sometimes one month
its a random habit :-s

magmon
September 11th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Never. I pick a background, and it stays that background for as long as I keep that installation.

Exodist
September 11th, 2009, 02:05 AM
i change my background at least once a month. I try to limit myself to this. I vary between ubuntu theme backgrounds, my pics, pics from internet and internet wallpaper.

I can never leave well enought alone and must fiddle. just like Fargo in Eureka (TV show) I never met a button I didn't want to push. :oops: which is also why I switched to Linux. more thinks to fiddle with and it was a button i hadden't push yet.

I have OCD. I am never content with a background. So much so I have 3.5 gigs of wallpaper backgrounds.But I do tend to transition them according to the season.

nekoteck
September 11th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I'm always looking for Good abstract wallpaper/themes, i can never find the right one.

piousp
September 11th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Every 10 minutos :P

sailthesea
September 11th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Every time I reinstall
Black
Always and for ever
:P

Mateo
September 11th, 2009, 03:46 AM
first time i install.