PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Suspending and Hibernating

thundaraptor
September 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
My system is terrible at either of these. It rarely makes it back out. How do I better understand what is happening and attempt to make necessary changes?

Thanks,

TR

aeiouna
September 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
How did you install Ubuntu?

If you used Wubi on a Windows system, it says in the documentation not to try to suspend/hibernate the system while in Ubuntu cause it won't work.

krazyd
September 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
can you give some details of your system? especially graphics card / driver.

thundaraptor
September 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Sure, I have a custom built box with a AMD 2.6 ghz core, 4gb ram and a ATI Radeo HD 4670 dual head video card. There is also an onboard (to the motherboard) ATI HD 3100 card but to date I don't know how to get the cards to work together (crossfire is complicated). I had enough trouble getting the secondary card to work in big desktop mode. In fact, the system was sleeping/hibernating ok before I got the big desktop mode to work properly so there maybe something there. My ubuntu is Jaunty Jackelop 64 bit.

dE_logics
September 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
ATI Radeo HD 4670

This is the issue.

Choose and download -

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you wanna enable hybrid crossfire, you need to switch a jumper on the motherboard...that's all I know.

thundaraptor
September 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I am not sure what you are saying. Download a new video driver? I don't really want to do that, configuring my xorg to get big desktop to work was a lot of work. I don't want to start over at ground zero, anyways I think I have the most recent version of the driver installed anyways. How do I know for sure what version of cayalyst I have? This is something I wonder about, when I open the proprietary catalyst control center I can't tell what version of catalyst I am using, nice ATI.