PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] install issue

Dracona
September 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Hello everyone,
I have d/l both Kubuntu 9.04 32 bit and 64 bit .iso burned them to a cdrw disk.
When i start the install process, i get to the screen to choose what HD to install os on. but the screen is to large ( only horizontally, vertically looks to be ok, so far ) and i cannot see the choices. this happens on both 32 bit and 64bit install.
i am unable to use horizontal controls on monitor to move the screen around so i can see the parts that are off screen.
I am using a DCLCD 22" monitor Dsub input.
here is system spec.
OS Vista SP2 ( that did hurt to type )
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+, 3013 Mhz
MOBO ASUS Crosshair Bios 1207, 8/26/2008
VPU Dual Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 meg
Ram Corsair 4Gig ( 2- 2Gig sticks )

I also have same issue when trying to install any 64 bit OS ( XP pro 64, Vista 64 )
i am pretty sure it is a problem with my system, just unable to find it.

dandnsmith
September 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Usual 'sidestep' is to use the alternate installer version, which will allow you to do things in text mode, and avoid display problems.
Otherwise you need to investigate setting boot options, rather than booting with the defaults from the CD/DVD

presence1960
September 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Vista black is pirated windows it is not a legitimate version of windows. I will not endorse or support the use of any pirated software, even microsoft software. Even though I do not like Microsoft one bit I can not help you. I suggest you get a legitimate copy of windows.

Please note this community in no way supports pirated software and frowns on the discussion of it.

Ms_Angel_D
September 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Vista black is pirated windows it is not a legitimate version of windows. I will not endorse or support the use of any pirated software, even microsoft software. Even though I do not like Microsoft one bit I can not help you. I suggest you get a legitimate copy of windows.

Please note this community in no way supports pirated software and frowns on the discussion of it.

Nobody is asking you to endorse anything, the OP wants help with Installing Kubuntu and only provided his system specs, and as far as I know providing system specs is the info most people want & ask for on these forums when providing Linux support.

Dracona I would do as dandnsmith has suggested and try the alternate install disk thus avoiding any issues with the the graphical installer. The alternate install has a screen similar to the Windows XP installer.

presence1960
September 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Nobody is asking you to endorse anything, the OP wants help with Installing Kubuntu and only provided his system specs, and as far as I know providing system specs is the info most people want & ask for on these forums when providing Linux support.

In your opinion. But by helping dracona I am in fact endorsing his use of pirated software. If dracona had put about 5 seconds of thought into it he could have just said Vista.

Of course we all are entitled to our own opinion(s). In that spirit I refuse to help anyone one iota who is using pirated software. It is something I feel very strongly about, even if dracona is trying to use the OS I love (Ubuntu/Kubuntu) in a dual boot with the pirated software.

Dracona
September 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Dandnsmith and Ms_Angel_D thank you for your advise. i will give it a go tonight and report back.

Dracona
September 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
In your opinion. But by helping dracona I am in fact endorsing his use of pirated software. If dracona had put about 5 seconds of thought into it he could have just said Vista.

Of course we all are entitled to our own opinion(s). In that spirit I refuse to help anyone one iota who is using pirated software. It is something I feel very strongly about, even if dracona is trying to use the OS I love (Ubuntu/Kubuntu) in a dual boot with the pirated software.

Thank you most of all. most people tend to ignore posts or people they wish not to help.
But, by being Holier then anyone else on the forum, you just could not help but to add your thoughts, and by doing so, you have in fact helped. going by your own words, you have endorsed the use of pirated software.
thank you very much, i had a nice laugh
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolf lag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

presence1960
September 11th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Thank you most of all. most people tend to ignore posts or people they wish not to help.
But, by being Holier then anyone else on the forum, you just could not help but to add your thoughts, and by doing so, you have in fact helped. going by your own words, you have endorsed the use of pirated software.
thank you very much, i had a nice laugh
:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolf lag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

I am not holier than thou, as a matter of fact it is forum policy not to engage in discussion of pirated software. You may be laughing now, but as you may well know pirated software almost always contains some form of malware. maybe you will be one of the lucky few who don't have it on their pirated software.

If you want to accuse me of anything I suggest you read my more than 2,000 posts on this forum. Maybe then you can form an opinion of me. Until then you really do not know me in the least bit.

In my humble opinion people who use pirated software are part of a greater problem, one that even dwarfs the alleged misdeeds of Microsoft. I hope you never own anything and have someone illegally use it for their own benefit. It is for this reason I choose not to help anyone whom I am aware that is using pirated software.

bapoumba
September 11th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Closing the thread.