PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kdenlive crashes

justinstrack
September 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
My Kdenlive crashes. when I installed via Add/Remove Programs. I ran it placed a video & a transition in the time-line after it finished it had a error message error 11 (I think)

Now when I use the recommendations from kdenlives website, I try & get the key

"After adding the repository, you also need to add the key for the repository to your system's list of trusted keys, type the following command line in the terminal :
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com B5115B98AA836CA8"

That command above timesout.

stlsaint
September 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM
try to remove kdenlive via add/remove and install according to the website.

jukingeo
September 12th, 2009, 08:49 PM
My Kdenlive crashes. when I installed via Add/Remove Programs. I ran it placed a video & a transition in the time-line after it finished it had a error message error 11 (I think)

Now when I use the recommendations from kdenlives website, I try & get the key

"After adding the repository, you also need to add the key for the repository to your system's list of trusted keys, type the following command line in the terminal :
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com B5115B98AA836CA8"

That command above timesout.

Are you using Kdenlive in KDE? If you are using it in Gnome, be prepared for a world of problems. Supposedly Kdenlive doesn't run well in Gnome. I am going to try it out in XFCE or LXDE and see how it fairs there. Most 'success' stories I have heard in regards to using Kdenlive have come from users that are using it with KDE.

Geo